Shop More, Pay Less: Free U.S. Shipping for Orders $49.99 and Up
Effective Date: August 1, 2022
Introduction and Overview
The Kitchenex Store Limited is the provider of the Site. As the entity responsible for the collection, processing, and protection of your personal data, The Kitchenex Store Limited is referred to as “The Kitchenex Store,” “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our” in this Policy.
Please read our Terms of Service/Use and this Policy before accessing or using our Services. If you cannot agree with this Policy or the Terms of Service/Use, please do not access or use our Services.
The term “Personal Information” refers to any data that can identify an individual either directly or indirectly through its combination with other data. However, anonymous or aggregated data that is no longer capable of identifying a specific person, even if it is combined with other data, is not considered as personal information. It is important to note that the definition of Personal Information may vary across different jurisdictions.
For California residents, we recommend that you also refer to the “California Privacy Rights” section in this Policy for more information on your privacy rights.
We may modify our Policy at Kitchenex Store to reflect any change in the way we process your data. In such instances, we will update the effective date or last modified date at the top of this Policy. If we make any significant changes that may affect your privacy rights, we will attempt to provide you with advanced notice through real- or near real-time disclosures, or via the Site, or by contacting you through some other means. This will give you a reasonable opportunity to review the changes before continuing to use the Site or Services.
If you do not agree with the modified Policy, please stop using the Site or Services.
Table of Contents
Information we collect
When you interact with our website or use our services, we might collect some information about you. This can happen when you:
- Visit our website.
- Place an order.
- Sign up for an account.
- Subscribe to our newsletter.
- Join our contests.
- Answer our surveys.
- Write a review for a product.
- Agree to get messages from us.
- Or use any other features on our website.
Here’s the type of information we might collect:
- Basic Details: Like your name, birth date, or gender. But only if you tell us these details.
- Contact Details: Your email, phone number, home or work addresses, and social media usernames.
- Account Details: Things like your username, password, and what you’ve bought.
- Payment Details: Such as your credit card or bank card information. But don’t worry! When you buy something, a company called WooCommerce and WiPay helps keep your payment safe. We don’t keep all the details of your card.
- Messages to Us: If you send or ask questions, we record that.
- Public Posts: If you write reviews, comments, or any other posts on our website, everyone can see them. So, be careful and don’t share private things like your health details.
- Health Details: If our products cause you any health problems or if you want to tell us about your health, we might collect that information.
- Your Purchases: What you bought, what you thought about buying, or services you used.
- Social Media: If you talk to us or about us on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, or TikTok, we might see and collect some of that information. To know more about how these platforms use your information, check their privacy policies.
- Online Activities: We collect some technical details when you use our website. This includes where your computer is located, which web browser you use, and which pages you visit on our site. We might also see how you found our website. Sometimes, we use tools like cookies to learn more about how you use our website. For more on this, check the “Cookies and Tracking” section in our policy.
- Other Sources: We might get some information about you from other places. This can be other companies we work with or public records.
Remember, we also make our own notes and analyses based on the information you give us.
We hope this helps you understand what we collect and why. If you have any questions, please let us know.
How we use your Personal information
We collect your information to help our website work better and to make your experience with us great. Here’s how we might use the details you give us:
- For Our Website: So you can use all the cool features on our site.
- To Get to Know You: We want to ensure you have the best time on our site, so we try to understand what you like and how you use it.
- To Make Things Better: We’re always trying to improve – whether that’s our products, services, or website. Your information helps us do that.
- To Handle Your Purchases: If you buy something or use a service, we use your information to ensure everything goes smoothly.
- To Follow the Rules: We use your information to make sure we’re doing everything by the book, like obeying laws and keeping to our own rules and terms.
- For Great Customer Service: We want to help you with your questions or problems. Your information helps us do that.
- To Keep You in the Loop: Sometimes, we might have contests, surveys, or special offers. We use your information to let you know about these.
- To Share News: We might send you news about our products, special deals, or company updates. But if you don’t want these messages, it’s okay! You can tell us to stop sending them.
- To Stay Safe: We use your information to keep our website and your details safe from harm, like fraud or theft.
- For Research: We sometimes look at the data to understand what people like and how we can improve.
- To Protect Our Rights: We might use your details to sort out legal stuff.
- For Other Legal Stuff: Sometimes, we might need to use your information because the law or a court tells us to.
Remember, we might send you messages about things you like. If you ever want to stop getting them, just let us know.
Sharing your Personal Information
We want you to know how and when we might share the information you give us:
- Our Team: Some of our employees might see your details so they can do their job, like helping you with something you asked for. But they only see it if they need to.
- Companies That Help Us: We work with other companies to run our website and business. This might mean they handle things like our website’s tech stuff, storing data, researching, sending emails, processing payments, shipping stuff you bought, or helping with customer service. We ensure these companies promise not to misuse your information and only use it for the jobs we ask them to do.
- If We Join with Another Company: Sometimes businesses merge or get bought by other companies. If that happens, the new company will get all the information we’ve collected. They would also have to protect your information just like we do.
- For Legal Stuff: If the law or the police ask us for your details, we might have to share them. Or if we need to use your information to run our website, handle your orders, or manage any contests you join. We also share your information if we need to protect ourselves, our users, or our property.
- Sharing General Details: Sometimes, we share information with others, but it’s not the information that can identify you. It’s more like general data that helps others understand trends or patterns.
https://kitchenexstore.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any personally identifiable information. The information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
You can turn off cookies by adjusting the settings in your web browser. However, please note that you need cookies to take full advantage of all the features on our apps and sites.
Our Advertising Partners
We use different third-party service providers to help with advertising and analytics services. These service providers use tracking technologies like pixels, cookies, and APIs to monitor your browsing behaviour and help us to customize our advertising audiences. To learn more about targeted advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
- To opt out of Google’s targeted advertising, please visit https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous.
- If you want to opt out of Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To opt out of targeted advertising from Facebook, please visit https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads.
- To opt out of targeted advertising from Amazon, please visit the relevant Amazon Ads Preferences page, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page, the YourOnlineChoices page for your location, or the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s opt-out page, as applicable.
- If you want to opt out of targeted advertising from TikTok, please go to your TikTok Settings for Privacy, select Privacy, then Ads Personalization and then turn off “Use of Off-TikTok Activity for Ad Targeting.”
Apart from these tracking technologies, we may send your Personal Information to a service provider for conversion analytics and matching purposes. However, we use a hashing algorithm to protect your personal information before sending it to the service provider. For an example of this process, please see How Google Uses Enhanced Conversion Data.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Please note that we and our third-party service providers, such as ad networks, web analytics companies, and social media and networking platforms, may use various tracking mechanisms, such as pixels, web beacons, transparent GIFs, internet tags, code snippets, and app embeds to collect information about your online activities. This information is collected over time and across our site and third-party websites to provide advertising tailored to your interests.
When this happens, these technologies automatically collect your IP address. The primary purpose of these technologies is to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and personalize the advertising content you see on websites you visit.
Our site allows third-party “targeting” advertisements, which may involve sharing tracking information with advertisers, marketing partners, data analytics providers, and social media networks.
If you wish, you can disable cookies through your individual browser settings. For more detailed information about managing cookies with specific web browsers, please visit the respective websites of those browsers.
Retaining and Protecting Personal Information
We will store your Personal Information only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes we collected it. To safeguard your Personal Information, we implement a range of security measures, including physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards. However, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information, searches, or other communications will always be secure since no system can be completely secure. If you use a password-protected service or feature with us, it is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of the password and any activities that occur through its use.
The Kitchenex Store may store and process your Personal Information in the United States or Canada, even if you reside in another country. Data protection laws may differ in your jurisdiction compared to those in the United States or Canada. We only transfer your Personal Information to another country with adequate security and privacy controls. If we collect Personal Data from the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, we store it in the cloud and may transfer it to the United States or Canada. To ensure the security of your data, we rely on standard contractual data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, consistent with the practices described in this Policy.
Please be advised that you may encounter ads or other content on our website that direct you to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third-parties. It is important to note that we do not have control over the content or links that appear on these third-party websites and cannot be held responsible for their practices. Additionally, third-party sites and services, including their content and links, are subject to constant change. Therefore, please also be aware that these third-party sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies to which you will be subject.
California Privacy Rights
As per the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have certain rights related to their personal information. These rights include:
- Knowing the categories of personal information collected from them, the source(s) of that information, how it is used, and whether it is disclosed or sold, and if so, to whom.
- Opting out of any sale of their Personal Information to third parties.
- Requesting to stop sharing their Personal Information with third parties.
- Having their Personal Information deleted from our possession or control, with some exceptions.
- Correcting any inaccuracies in their Personal Information.
- Receiving equal service and pricing from us even if they exercise their privacy rights.
For all Californian residents, we will respond to any such inquiries within forty-five (45) days and at no cost. We will verify your identity concerning such investigations, and we may require additional measures or information from you as part of that verification, depending on the nature of the Personal Information in question. You may make up to two such inquiries within twelve months.
We do not sell Personal Information to third parties in the traditional sense. But we may allow certain third parties (such as certain online advertising partners) to collect Personal Information via automated technologies on our Site in exchange for non-monetary consideration. This can enhance their ability to serve you content and advertisements that may be of interest to you, including identifiers, certain contact information, online activity and inferences. If and to the extent a “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include such advertising technology activities such as those implemented specifically for certain targeted advertising on our Site, as a California resident.
For more information about third-party services and to opt-out of their tracking mechanisms, please see “Our Advertising Partners” here.
To exercise any of the California rights listed above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Your California Privacy Rights” as the subject line. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or do not have complete information.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We want to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The Right to Access – You can request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The Right to Rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure – You can request that we erase your personal data under certain conditions.
- The Right to Restrict Processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The Right to Object to Processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The Right to Data Portability – You can request that we transfer the data collected to another organization or directly to you under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond. Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
Cookie Settings (US & Canada)
Our website uses different types of cookies to provide you with the best possible browsing experience. Essential Cookies are necessary to use our website and access all the products and services we offer.
Performance Cookies help us improve the performance and functionality of our website and products. While they are unnecessary for you to use our website, certain features or functions may not be available if you refuse to accept them.
Analytics Cookies collect data to help us understand how our website, products, and services are used. This helps us improve our marketing campaigns and customize the website for a better user experience.
Targeting Cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you visit, and the links you follow. With this information, we can recognize you as a returning visitor and track your activity on our website and others you visit. These cookies remain on your device, so we can use them during your future visits to our website.
If you have any questions or concerns about the cookies we use or would like to update your preferences, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
California Resident – Request To “Stop Sale of Personal Information”
If you wish to make a request for yourself, please read on to the “Individual Request” section. If you want an authorized agent to request on your behalf, skip to the “Authorized Agent Request” section.
If you are a California resident and wish to opt out of any “sales” of your personal information, please let us know.
Please note that by opting out, you will still receive cookies, tags, pixels, etc., that are essential to the function of our Sites. You will still see advertising, but it won’t be personalized or relevant to you. We will still share your Personal Information with our service providers to provide the services on our Sites. Your request will only apply to Personal Information “sold” after making this request, not any information “sold” before your request. If you have previously requested to opt out of “sales,” your request remains in effect until you tell us otherwise.
To exercise these preferences, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Your Privacy Rights.” Please ensure your email is labelled and sent correctly and contains all the necessary information.
Authorized Agent Request:
You can designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf under the CCPA. To do so, please have your agent send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Authorized Agent Opt-Out Request” containing your first and last name, your email address, your agent’s first and last name, their email address, and phone number. Also, please include a signature document indicating that you authorize your agent to request on your behalf.
We may contact you or your agent if we need additional information before processing your request.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
kitchenexstore.com does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately, and we will do our best efforts to remove such information from our records promptly.
For more information about our privacy practices, to make requests related to your privacy rights, or if you would like to make a complaint, don’t hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Privacy” in the subject line.